Wednesday, October 30, 2019
We are looking for a Host or Hostess to join our team and be the smiling face as the first point of contact for our guests. This position sets the tone for our guests entire dining experience.
Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining and bar areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure. You should also be available to work in shifts.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
- Welcome guests to the venue in a warm friendly manner
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations via Opentable
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress’s name
- Greet customers upon their departure with a friendly farewell
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries in a friendly manner
- Assist wait staff as needed
- Maintain our Opentable floor chart/reservation/wait list system
- Previous work experience as a Host/Hostess or Waiter/Waitress
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations following COVID guidelines
- Experience in managing reservations
- Demonstrable customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Availability to work in shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift
- High school diploma; hospitality certification is a plus
- Experience with OpenTable and DoorDash a plus!!!